Louisa A. Wood1
(August 1826 - 25 February 1914)
Louisa A. Wood|b. Aug 1826\nd. 25 Feb 1914|p760.htm|James Wood|b. s 1800|p1241.htm|Clara Williams|b. s 1800|p1242.htm|||||||||||||
- Appears on the following charts:
- Stubbart Ancestry
Descendants of Mathew Stubbart
Descendants of Freman Brown
Louisa A. Wood was born in Aug 1826 in New York.3,4,2,5,6 She married first Freeman R. Brown.7 At the time of her re-marriage in 1875, Louisa resided in Butler County, Nebraska. No information about her first husband's decease or divorce has been discovered to date, and her marital status is not specified on the marriage certificate, though James Mitchel Stubbart's diaries do describe Louisa as "a widow."2,8 She married second Matthew Stubbart, son of John Stubbart Sr. and Anne Oram, on 29 Sep 1875 in Butler County, Nebraska, at his home.1,2 She lived in Octavia, Butler County, Nebraska, in 1885.2 She was included in a group photo taken say 1894 in Lamoni, Decatur County, Iowa. Two unnamed women are also in the photograph, one may be Pearl's mother May. The home in Lamoni was still in use in 1999. Louisa's second husband, Matthew Stubbart, died on 20 Apr 1899 in Octavia, Butler County, Nebraska.4,9,10 She sold farm after Mathew's death moved to Lamoni, Decatur County, Iowa, with her step-son James.4 Louisa A. died in Lamoni, Decatur County, Iowa, on 25 Feb 1914 at 87 years and 6 months of age.11 She was buried in Rose Hill Cemetery, Lamoni, Decatur County, Iowa.
Last Edited=September 2, 2007
Children of Louisa A. Wood and Freeman R. Brown
- Unknown subject, n.d., researcher's files, Laguna Niguel, Orange County, California, p. 8.
- Marriage License for Mathew Stubbart and Louisa Brown, Copy held by DeAnna Burghart, Laguna Niguel, CA.
- James M. Stubbart household household, 1900 United States Census, Iowa, Decatur County, Lamoni, ED 44, Sheet 4, dw/fam 85, lines 39-47. NARA. T623.
- Unknown subject, n.d. researcher's files, p. 24.
- FR Brown household, 1860 United States Census, Wisconsin, Pepin County, Pepin, p. 56, dw 445, fam 395, line 16. NARA. Unknown volume.
- Freman Brown household, 1870 United States Census, Missouri, Harrison County, Cypress Twp (Bethany P.O.), p. 20, dw/fam 139, line 30. Copy quality is fair, highly stylized handwriting, but legible. Lists Harvey, wife Sarah, son Wesley. Match based on location and dob of Wesley. In addition Harvey corresponds with name of Wesley's known eldest son: Louis Harvey. NARA. Unknown volume.
- May Elliott, "Biography of James M. Stubbart", The Saints Herald, 16 Apr 1938, p. 492.
- Unknown subject, n.d. researcher's files.
- May Elliott, "Biography of James M. Stubbart, Part II", The Saints Herald, 23 Apr 1938, p. 524.
- Sheet 4, dwelling 85, family 85, line 46 household, 1900, United States Census, Iowa, Decatur County.
- Unknown subject, n.d. researcher's files, p. 24, p. 62.
- May Elliott, "Biography of James M. Stubbart", 16 Apr 1938, p. 492.
- F R Brown household, 1860, United States Census, Wisconsin, Pepin County.